- It all started with - is she yours? yeah...um she's called me Mama/Mommy/Mom at least 10 times since we sat down (and also dug through my purse searching for chapstick which she then applied).
- Then we moved on to "your husband isn't Oriental is he?" "oh so you must have adopted her" - ding, ding, ding we have a winner.
- followed by "so what made you decide to adopt" - would you ask the mother-to-be why she decided to have a baby? just going out on a limb & guessing no
- now my all-time fav "why China, you know there are alot of kids here in the US needing families" - I was a little tired of the inquisition at this point & said something to the effect of "you do just realize you are asking me why I didn't adopt a different child, right...when my daughter is on my lap?" and added that we did what was right for our family because China was where our daughter was. Yes, there are alot of kids in the US needing families - there are a heck of alot of kids worldwide (est. 147 million) needing families. Coop said one time "doesn't everybody deserve to have a Mom & Dad?"
- and it gets better "so, how much did she cost...I bet she was expensive" yeah...just so you know...it's illegal to buy a baby. If you are interested in adopting, I'd be happy to talk to you about the whole shabam but otherwise, if you really want to know how much it costs to complete an adoption you can check out many different agency websites. Again, would you consider asking me how much I paid to deliver my other two kiddos?
- and lastly "wow, she speaks really good English" - yeah, she has lived with English speaking parents for the last 20 months
Now that I got all of that off my chest - anybody still here? I'll leave you with the better part of our weekend
"I wike dis ice cream cone"
"it's a mewtin...I dirty"
"oh I so sad"
check out the muscles in this kiddo's legs
on a mission...probably tattling on Coop
Coop helping plant a new tree
and then the weekend went a bit sour - the neighbors dog bit Chloe's leg...total accident, she's fine but poor girly!