My brother Luc & his wife Kara are waiting for their referral from Ethiopia. I cut & pasted this from their blog.
"Last week MOWA (Ministry of Women's Affairs) in Ethiopia announced they are reducing the number of adoptions they approve and process by 90% beginning March 10th. This means they will be decreasing the number of adoptions they approve per a year from 4,000 to less than 500. For children who are currently within orphanages in Ethiopia, and legally available for adoption, could wait for up to an estimated 7 years before going home to their forever families.
Please pray for Luc and I as we process this information and wait to know what this will mean for our journey to Lando. Just as importantly, pray for those who have received referrals for children in Ethiopia and do not know when they will be coming home. More importantly, please pray for the children who are directly impacted by this decision.
Please take time to help by signing this petition below. This petition comes from an advocacy group working in Ethiopia.
JCICS Call to Action
Joint Council: Emergency Campaign for Ethiopian Children
What You Can Do:
1) Sign the petition to the Prime Minister of Ethiopia, Meles Zenawi – and pass it on!
2) Have you adopted from Ethiopia? Please send us up to 3 photos and 50 words or less with what you would like the Ministry to know about your child – we’ll compile the information and send a book to the Ministry of Woman’s Affairs. Send your photos and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, March 12, 2011 to be included. Please note that sending photos and stories gives Joint Council unrestricted right to use the information you provide.
3) Share…Please send this Call to Action to family members, other adoptive parents, and everyone you know! Post, forward and share your adoption stories via Facebook, Twitter, and blogs. Make sure you include us in your posts so we can all hear your stories! Here’s links to our pages: Facebook, Twitter and our our blog.
4) Stay informed: Get up-to-date information regarding the situation in Ethiopia by signing up to receive information from us: click here to do so, make sure you choose “country and issues specific information” and “Ethiopia.” And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and our our blog.
5) Help ensure our advocacy can continue: Joint Council is a non-profit and receives no government funding. Please join us in ensuring more children live in safe, permanent and loving families. Donate today! "
Can you take a minute to sign this petition?