Tuesday, March 22, 2011

State Champs

I coached my last meet of the season - ok, so my last meet for awhile - this past weekend.  The kiddos did AH-MAZ-ING!  We had 7 sessions & really started off with a bang!  Quick lesson for those of you not in the gym world - our kids compete on a 10.0 scale and can earn an all-around total of 40.0.  At the state meet kids are broken down into age-groups of around 30 kids each.  So we start Friday afternoon and boom...we have one of our kids win beam & all-around (37.15), next session we have a girl win vault and go 37.425 which was 2nd AA, third session on Sat morning we have a floor champ (she also went over 37 in her AA).  We end the weekend with a kid that I've had since she was 3 (she's now 8)- I like to claim that I found her....I seriously love this kid!  She has an awesome meet and finishes with a 37.5 AA - incredible!  It was a super tough session and that huge score placed 5th.  The majority of our kids placed in the top 10 in at least 1 event.  What a way to end a season!

No comments: