Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Gotcha-versary!

1 year ago today we landed in Hohhot City, Inner Mongolia around 10pm - we were handed Piper at around 10:45 pm.  She looked so sad.
She's changed so much in a year
A year ago, we quickly found out that the girl loved to eat
She still loves to eat - she just uses a fork & spoon now instead of her hands
First Family picture
Updated family picture
and a few more shots
We are so lucky to have this little girl in our family.  She's amazing - in 1 year she has learned to walk, run, jump, climb, & speak a new language.  She is potty-trained (yeah!), she goes to gymnastics & swim class.  She has grown 4", gained 9 pounds, and went up 2 shoe sizes.  She's strong willed, independent, has a great sense of humor, and is so smart.  We love you Piper Li Min!

6 comments:

groovy mama said...

Wow, only 45mins after landing, that is CRAZY FAST!!!!

Well congrats, she is just lovely and i can see her little personality brewing in the pics!
Donna

Myra said...

Happy gotcha day to you too!!! I've been thinking of you today and your sweet family! One of the highlights of our trip was connecting with such wonderful friends like you!! Hugs to everyone!!! Hope you had a great day!!!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Happy Gotcha Day Anniversary!!! I loved reading all the changes you've observed in Piper and the beautiful happy little girl that she is!

Hugs,
Tammy

Jolene Powell said...

Love this post! And I get to do a similar one next week :)

Piper has changed so much, and it is just wonderful to see how much she has grown and developed. Thanks for sharing.

Isn't it crazy to think back about last year? Wow....

Cheri said...

I'm lovin' all the updates I've missed the last week. What a beautiful family. And I love the before/after pics. Amazing.

ellieshine said...

I hopped over from Abi's blog . . . Congrats on a year home - Your Piper is adorable (as are your other 2!) I'm sure I have stopped by your blog before - I was a gymnast and a coach and my daughter now 12 recently quit. our daughter from China is now 4. and I threw the name Piper out when we were discussing names for her (but all 4 of ours end in "a" or "ah"). Anyway I wanted to say HI!!