Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Piper's favorite phrases

It's been a trying last few days.  Piper has really been testing us - her favorite phrases include "I don wan" which is usually said at the top of her lungs with her little fists all balled up..."ssshhh" when we tell her to stop doing whatever it is she shouldn't be doing - little mama even puts her finger up to her lips.....when you say her name she'll say "what" all sassy like....and my favorite where she strings all kinds of sounds/babble into a loud long curse sounding sentence.  She also likes to scowl at whoever/whatever is making her mad.  At swim class today, she kept taking off her goggles - fine...but then would "I don wan wa wa eye" when the water got in her eyes.  When I would try to put them back on her face (she had them around her neck) she would say something like "boo no mama no help lala" and other ?random? sounds.  Is she mixing in Chinese to her sentences or does she just not have enough "real" words to get her point across?  By the end of the 45 min class she had screamed at me "I don wan" so many times I was exhausted.  As soon as we got into the locker room she starts in screaming "I wan schwim wa wa".  I'm tellin ya...this girlie is gonna be a blast as a teenager!
 Enjoy these pics of Little Miss Attitude
Crazy Mama always taking my picture
Sassy little thing, isn't she?!?
I asked her to please pick up the pretzels that you can see on the coffee table - she pretended not to hear me
"Hey"
I think this one is self-explanatory
"What" followed by "no mama"
This would be after I told her she wasn't being very nice - the kid can pout with the best of 'em
and this is when I decided it was nap time

2 comments:

Duchess of Lanier said...

Can we be sure she and LL are not sisters?! The Chinese/ English/ babble was our experience, too. The sounds are just not all English phonetics. I'm sure there are traces of Chinese in there.

What a fun time at swim class! Not really. But I'm laughing with you.

The pouting seems to be exactly like LL's, too. "No, no, no, no, no, no... ummm, yes!"

Bless us everyone!

Thanks for the idea of writing more about what she actually says.

Angie said...

Ok, so I see Piper and Chloe share the same pouty lip-does she also cross her arms then? Oh yes, they can be trying at times like these, BUT, they are still so darn cute :)