- airline tickets -- purchased. Not super stoked about flying United but they had the lowest fare (unless we wanted several layovers), we upgraded to Economy Plus (few extra inches of leg room for my oh-so-tall hubby), non-stop flight Chicago to Shanghai and a short stop in Tokyo on the way home. I highly recommend Todd Gallinek for any families looking to book tickets -- he rocks! Lifeline will book our in-country flights
- hotels -- Lifeline will book all of our hotels in Jinan (where Pres is) & Guangzhou (where the US Consulate is). I found a great rate on a hotel in Shanghai -- waiting to book our hotel in Hong Kong after we find out exactly what day we will arrive there.
- pediatrician appt booked for 3 days after we arrive home -- cardiologist appt will be booked hopefully early next week (our ped is making the appt for us)
- and on the home front -- yesterday Chloe had a school cheer meeting & then 4 friends over to swim. Today Chloe had all-star cheer camp, Piper had cheer practice (which Chloe helps at) -- and a trip to the grocery store was much needed. Justin took Coop to his late game out of town.
still need to:
- pack -- have started sorting toiletries & meds but that's it
- book Hong Kong hotel, look at purchasing Disney tickets (not sure if this is something I need to do before we go?)
- call insurance agent to add Presley to policy
- call credit card company to let them know we will be out of the country
- get "new money" from bank
- complete wire transfer to China as soon as we have an amount due from agency
- shop for all the things I've forgotten to buy
- stop the mail (love that this can be done online!)
- purchase a VPN so we can update the ol' blog & Facebook
- figure out what we want to see in Shanghai
- book hotel in Chicago -- park & fly or park at airport?
and on Piper's to-do list?
20 more days!
funny Piper quote of the day "hey Mama..do you think there's wots of Chinese people in China?"